General Ideas

To continuously improve our services and products, we are providing you with an opportunity to submit suggestions and feedback to us. By providing Ideas and feedback to us on this public user forum, you AGREE that the Company, Spheris Digital Ltd, and the Pix-Star Team, will be COMPLETELY free to implement, use, or modify, in any way, your idea or suggestion (or any part of it), WITHOUT any payment or other obligation to you.

1. Allow deletion of audio messages

Currently, audio messages cannot be deleted. I sent a test message with the Android app, and now it's stuck as the only audio message on my grandmother's frame. Please allow the option to delete audio messages the same way users can delete photos!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

The function to delete the audio message is already implemented. Please make sure you have the latest sotware version.

To delete the audio message, you can go to

My Photo-Mail Inbox → My Voice Messages.

Then press on Select files to delete, and select all the Audio Messages you wish to delete, and the last step is to press on Delete selected files.

The Pix-Star Support Team.

2. Periodic Re-Scan of Network Folders

I am an amateur Photographer - I store my pictures on my Photography PC and have sync software that distributes those pictures to my other PCs (for screensaver and viewing on the road) and to my NAS for long-term Storage. I would love it if the frame had an option to periodically rescan the selected folder(s) - perhaps as it is entering the stand-by mode? - to assure that the slideshow always contains the most recent entries to the folders.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Having trouble with DNLA ...

But this frame is great! Make more. Everybody is sold out! I will buy more! And I am telling everybody I know about it too. Such a great way to share family pictures and to be sure they are seen more than once and lost in an email or hard drive!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename web albums

Please make it possible to rename a web album. Right now it only takes the name from the source folder (OneDrive in my instance). And I've *neatly" ordered my photos in folders accoring to year and subfolders with months. It's confusing when all my albums are "July" (that's our vacation month ;) )

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would like to have the option of displaying the photos on my TV set. Any idea if this or when this might happen?

Would like to have the option of displaying the photos on my TV set. Any idea if this or when this might happen?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Android app should be able to access SD card

The Android app is currently unable to access pictures stored on my (micro) SD card in my phone. (it only finds pictures in the phone's internal memory.) Please update it to be able to access all picture and video files on my phone!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We recently put an update on the Android Play market with support to play pictures from SD card for Android devices.

Just download the update and it should be fine.

The Pix-Star Customer Support Team.

7. Recent photos should not show weather

When I select the "show recent pictures" viewing mode, I get the weather information way too often, and the configuration to show the info every hour I have is not respected.

In practice this mode is not very usable because half of the displayed pictures are weather!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improved Randomization Logic

The current Randomizing option will cycle through photos however it tends to repeat multiple photos throughout the slideshow. I especially noted that if the photo frame goes to sleep for some time, it seems to start back at the beginning of the previous randomization cycle.

An improved randomization logic would be one where photos will not repeat, until every picture has been viewed. This could be accomplished with a logic that would have to maintain a table of all the photos listed and it would randomly hit each photo, but without repeating. Once the last photo is triggered, then the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

our implementation already works exactly as you describe:

step 1 a list of all the picture to be played in the slide show is built.

step 2 their position (index) is shuffled in the list by changing randomly their position.

so this method is a 100% guaranty that each picture plays only 1 for sure.

of course if you do have duplicate inside the frame then in the random they are also duplicate.

but the random method by itself for sure does not create duplicate it is impossible with this method.

The Pix-Star Team.

9. Questions on Pix-Star Google Photo Integration

I keep all my photos organized on Google Photos....I am looking for a frame that will randomly cycle my photos from Google Photos so I do not have to update the frame manually each time I have new photos. Is it possible for your frame to randomly cycle the Google Photos I have... ? How does the integration work between Google Photos and your frame ?

What integration do you have concerning the above.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display data

It would be nice to be able to display EXIF fields rather than just folder name or file name etc.
    For example location data or better yet the ability to use strings such as %month% %day% %year% %location% derived from exif data and if not avaiable just return a null
    Plus not displaying [WEB ALBUM] after the fields that are currently available

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Forward photos from my Pix Star to my iPhone

My family members currently send most photos to our Pix Star device rather than other methods of sharing. This is fine when we are at home, but not helpful when we are away from home and wish to show family photos to other people on our phone. Should the Snap app not be modified to not allow only easy sending of photos to a Pix Star device, but also to allow easy access to photos that have been sent to one's own home device?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Weather suggested city for Minnesota

Please add Buffalo. Buffalo Lake is automatically added when I type "Buffalo". These are two different cities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Suggested Radio

Show list of the already suggested radios, and maybe status, if Declined or Working on it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search Feature

In the search area make it simpler to find areas. I could not put in more than one word “filter” and it made some suggestions that did not apply. When I put in “filter incoming” it went to the same page. I could not get anything with “change” or “date” or “change date.” Dr Pagano

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. What video formats are supported

I am considering buying an XD 10.4 frame. Please can you let me know what video formats are supported.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve the video playback.

Playing videos has problems. The entire soundtrak plays while Pixstar displays the first frame, then the video plays with no sound.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Subfolders

To be able to drag and drop folders including subfolders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to remove contacts from list

How do I remove names from my contact list?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

General Ideas

Categories