General Ideas

To continuously improve our services and products, we are providing you with an opportunity to submit suggestions and feedback to us. By providing Ideas and feedback to us on this public user forum, you AGREE that the Company, Spheris Digital Ltd, and the Pix-Star Team, will be COMPLETELY free to implement, use, or modify, in any way, your idea or suggestion (or any part of it), WITHOUT any payment or other obligation to you.

1. YouTube instructions

Please do YouTube instruction video for setting up, and optimising use on ongoing basis. Fantastic product.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Repeating reminders based on date

To be able to setup reminders for birthdays, anniversaries, and other yearly repeating reminders. Looks like the only repeating reminders you can setup are by the day of the week.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. radio on/off within slideshow

The new software with recents radio change from Remote:Menu in slideshow is GOOD. Thanks! Please sequence the play/pause on the remote to include radio on/off:

mute/pause/unmute/play

Can you make the volume available in slideshow?

Save the radio station selection with the slideshow. Optionally, play the saved selection or override with timed station selections.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the auto update feature of Pixstar so that it will connect with Onedrive

Fix the auto update feature of Pixstar so that it will connect with Onedrive

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to choose which phone files are accessed by app.

I would like to have an option to specifically select which folders the app can access on my phone so I can, for example, limit the apps access to my camera roll only. Right now it is needlessly accessing all the album art from my music files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SD CARD Access

Is it possible to access the sd card over the network? I only see the "INBOX" folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to move video files into web albums

All submitted videos currently have to remain in the INBOX. Would really like to sort those into web albums just like the photos.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New motion sensor setting - Auto off from inactivity without Auto on

I would like to turn it on manually, enjoy it for the amount of time I am in front of it, and when I walk away for a specified amount of time it turns off. But later if I simply want to walk past, it doesn't turn on needlessly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. combine pictures to one album

By combining pictures to one album you can delete albums with only one to a few pictures. Why would you want to an album only showing one to a few pictures?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Web Folder force sequence upload option.

Currently the two bulk upload options strive for performance and will operate on multiple images (apparent multi thread). This logic defeats the user's sequence. Prevents displaying in user predicated sequence (like action shots).

Would be nice to still have a bulk upload but have the UI load & display in original camera shot order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Picture Name should be shown when transition starts

Picture Name should be shown when transition starts. Not when it ends.
    Some transitions are taking quite some time while still displaying previous picture name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. better transitions between photos: fade to black for example

I find the fade transition to be a bit jerky. Looks like a processor issue, but if not.. maybe it could be improved. Also, it would be nice to have a fade to black transition. I think this is also called dip to black.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Loop GIF animations

It would be nice to loop gif animations, instead of staying at the last frame. For instance if I load a 20-seconds animation and the frames changing time is 5 minutes, I see the last frame for too long and looping would be a better option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Google Photos

I found a way to display Google Photos, however, there is a problem.
    According to your Knowledge Base Google Photos does not have an API for 3rd parties. You do support downloads from Google Drive and one of the folders in Google Drive is Google Photos, which not surprisingly contains all your Google Photos. In my PixStar account I connected to Google Drive and the Google Photos folder and syncing to my Frame started. Everything seemed OK until I noticed that pictures in Portrait mode were being displayed in Landscape mode instead. I downloaded one of the pictures that was…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. new import site- tiny beans

new import site- tiny beans

Please get in contact with the site TinyBeans.com. We use that site for our son's pictures because we are not comfortable using social media. If we could connect to this frame at the same time, we could set up frames for our family members as well, it would be amazing!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to select local folder slideshow from website

I see how I am able to select a slideshow to display all pictures (including local, web albums, etc) or only a certain web album. However, I cannot see a means of selecting to display only pictures from the inbox or another local folder from the website. As someone who is managing a frame for his parents who live in another country, this would be useful, for example, for displaying birthday or other greetings and ensuring they are noticed by the recipients.

If I haven't just overlooked this, I think it would be a very useful addition without a great…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WD My Book Live - External Import

Web External Import. Being able to connect the picture frame to Network Drives... WD My Book Live...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SAMBA Client

The frame already has a SAMBA server, so why not enable the SAMBA client so it could connect to a shared folder on a NAS drive to pull photos from. NAS and home storage is very popular (the main reason I purchased Pix-Star over Nixplay was DLNA support)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add backup function to web interface.

I have my pixstar setup perfectly. All folders make sense and all photos came from lots of different places. Now i want an exact archive to save my work for all time. Please add a function to the website that will create a zip file and compress all content with all folders and let me download that zip file to my computer for posterity.

Please and thanks.

Your products and service make it smooth and painless to create wonderful works.of art that literally change the quality of peoples lives. Please help us easily preserve that for future reference.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be nice to have the calendar have an a feature to have birthdays automatically load from year to year.

calendar have an a feature to have birthdays automatically load from year to year.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base