General Ideas

To continuously improve our services and products, we are providing you with an opportunity to submit suggestions and feedback to us. By providing Ideas and feedback to us on this public user forum, you AGREE that the Company, Spheris Digital Ltd, and the Pix-Star Team, will be COMPLETELY free to implement, use, or modify, in any way, your idea or suggestion (or any part of it), WITHOUT any payment or other obligation to you.

Any suggestion to improve your Pix-Star?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. New motion sensor setting - Auto off from inactivity without Auto on

I would like to turn it on manually, enjoy it for the amount of time I am in front of it, and when I walk away for a specified amount of time it turns off. But later if I simply want to walk past, it doesn't turn on needlessly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Web Folder force sequence upload option.

Currently the two bulk upload options strive for performance and will operate on multiple images (apparent multi thread). This logic defeats the user's sequence. Prevents displaying in user predicated sequence (like action shots).

Would be nice to still have a bulk upload but have the UI load & display in original camera shot order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Picture Name should be shown when transition starts

Picture Name should be shown when transition starts. Not when it ends.
    Some transitions are taking quite some time while still displaying previous picture name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. better transitions between photos: fade to black for example

I find the fade transition to be a bit jerky. Looks like a processor issue, but if not.. maybe it could be improved. Also, it would be nice to have a fade to black transition. I think this is also called dip to black.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Loop GIF animations

It would be nice to loop gif animations, instead of staying at the last frame. For instance if I load a 20-seconds animation and the frames changing time is 5 minutes, I see the last frame for too long and looping would be a better option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Google Photos

I found a way to display Google Photos, however, there is a problem.
    According to your Knowledge Base Google Photos does not have an API for 3rd parties. You do support downloads from Google Drive and one of the folders in Google Drive is Google Photos, which not surprisingly contains all your Google Photos. In my PixStar account I connected to Google Drive and the Google Photos folder and syncing to my Frame started. Everything seemed OK until I noticed that pictures in Portrait mode were being displayed in Landscape mode instead. I downloaded one of the pictures that was…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move images from inbox to web album

I would like it to be possible to move images from the inbox to a web album. Today I must copy images from inbox to a web album and after the copying is complete I delete the images from the inbox..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

There is already such feature in the web site.

Select the picture to copy then just above the pictures at the right click on the drop down menu saying " copy picture to web album" and select the destination album.

remark: you must create the web albums first int eh page " view my web albums".

The Pix-Star Team.

8. Ability to select local folder slideshow from website

I see how I am able to select a slideshow to display all pictures (including local, web albums, etc) or only a certain web album. However, I cannot see a means of selecting to display only pictures from the inbox or another local folder from the website. As someone who is managing a frame for his parents who live in another country, this would be useful, for example, for displaying birthday or other greetings and ensuring they are noticed by the recipients.

If I haven't just overlooked this, I think it would be a very useful addition without a great…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WD My Book Live - External Import

Web External Import. Being able to connect the picture frame to Network Drives... WD My Book Live...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SAMBA Client

The frame already has a SAMBA server, so why not enable the SAMBA client so it could connect to a shared folder on a NAS drive to pull photos from. NAS and home storage is very popular (the main reason I purchased Pix-Star over Nixplay was DLNA support)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add backup function to web interface.

I have my pixstar setup perfectly. All folders make sense and all photos came from lots of different places. Now i want an exact archive to save my work for all time. Please add a function to the website that will create a zip file and compress all content with all folders and let me download that zip file to my computer for posterity.

Please and thanks.

Your products and service make it smooth and painless to create wonderful works.of art that literally change the quality of peoples lives. Please help us easily preserve that for future reference.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let users define channels to display new/random content

Potential channels include News, Sports, Word, Quotes, History of the day; Flower, Scene, Pet of the day; Weather for a zipcode/location; Holiday countdown; Calendar; etc. CEIVA frames have this capability. Allows new content to come up every day to keep the content interesting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think you should respond to customer's email...I have sent an email to you requesting new password. You do not respond

You should respond to customer's email. I have sent several requesting new password as I cannot get into Wifi and therefore cannot receive pictures. Your service is terrible!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Do not show the (very) small pictures

The frame show also the very very small picture. They are so small that it is useless to show them. It would be great to be able to configure a requirement for the size of the pictures to be shown.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DLNA over Ethernet

It's currently only possible to search for DLNA servers over WiFi. Please can this be changed so that USB Ethernet is also supported.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show picture taken date on photos during slideshow

This ought to be added as an option under Display Details. Would be nice if the font size is configurable for this too, so it's not too large.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filter by date

I would like the ability to filter email photos by date so it's easier to delete older ones first. Right now you can only filter by sender.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow weather to be scheduled for display daily

The weather function isn't very useful when you never know when it is going to come up on the slide show. It would be great if we could schedule the weather to show up, up to two times per day. This way, for example, I could tell it to display only the weather for 1 hour daily from 7-8am and 8-9pm so we know at a glance what the weather is going to be for that day and prepare for the next day in the evening.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 100% remote web interface control

I bought the 15" frame (2019) for my father. This was a very nice upgrade to the Pixstar frame from several years ago.

The frame is in the Midwest, while I am on the west coast.

My father loves the frame....however he is challenged at times to understand the frame's interface (92years old).

Anyway to get 100% frame control? I can't manually adjust time remotely. I can't control all the sorting options remotely. Having 100% remote access would only enhance Pixstar's brand. Many of my relatives have adopted the Pixstar brand after seeing the frame in action. These relatives fall…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Features in Detail

I want to know fastest transition time before I buy. Can't find the information anywhere. Not even in the manual, which I opened to check. Please add many more "details" on the web-site - maybe have a click button for "More Details" below the "popular" ones that are there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base