Any suggestion to improve your Pix-Star?

Ability to add/edit picture subtitle through the web interface

Currently, one can choose to add a subtitle to a picture by entering it as the email title. However, it is impossible to edit that subtitle (or add one) through the web interface. This is a weird design choice and one of the most important missing features in my opinion.

152 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrzej shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ron Woodworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen this suggestion a few times.... My wife has dementia and having a way to add a caption or at least change the file name to reflect who is in the picture would be a huge benefit.

• Mike Somekh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Andrzej. It is a bit bizarre that the web management interface is limited in basic functionality such as renaming pictures or rotating them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like such an obvious feature to include. My 83 year old mother is beginning to forget peoples names. I would love to be able to add/edit subtitles of photos uploaded by family members so she knows who they are.

• CJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to remove the subtitle from pictures, I choose no detail on the display. All my pictures have '8 pictures sent to you'.

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have access to the metadata and the ability to choose which to display on an album by album basis.

• Butch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this feature as well. I just assumed I could upload photos through like Flickr, and it would show the subject/title. It does that on my Sony Dash, and that's way older technology.

Feedback and Knowledge Base