Any suggestion to improve your Pix-Star?

Allow photos to be displayed in order by upload date.

I would like the option to view my photos in chronological order. I would like to be able to chose a sort order for my Frame photos that includes by upload date.

262 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Beth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lieut70 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hear a bing that the photo arrived but no evelope to open and displace photo? It use to work,but i dont what happened? If i changed something for this to occur, please tell me how to go back to the envelope displace.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. May we drag & drop the photos IN THE ALBUM to the order we want to view them? That would be perfect! My baby is 1 month old before she is born!

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly! I'd like to be able to move my photos around so that they are grouped together by events or locations, etc....it's nice when they tile together in the collage configuration. Something as simple as being able to drag the thumbnails around on the website to rearrange would be great!

• vabillock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

where is Change Configuration. My just says My Frame Configuration. I don't see display order

• LZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Newest first" doesn't seem to work. It doesn't seem to relate to the embedded photo date OR the original file name when imported from other services, either. Import seems to change the file name to a long string RSS******* etc.
        The instruction manual provides no explanation.

• T&M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just realized that photos display on the frame in alpha order. That's actually exactly what I need, because I name them in chronological order, in the order in which I want them to display. Now I'd just like if they displayed online in the same order.

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just learned that this feature only works on Frames purchased from Nov. 1, 2014 onward. This feature will not work on my older frame. So disappointed!

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need to control the sequence from the computer. Showing most recent posting first is not good enough. Need to arrange, group and sequence. Simple click and drag. How hard can that be?

I would too. I work very hard to create a story and then I can't display it on the frame. I also would like to be able to add to the picture order later.

• AdminPix-Star Support (Admin, Pix-Star) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have this option already in the web site:

in the change frame configuration web page you can choose:

SORTING MODE

and inside choose

Newest first.

It will play the pictures starting from the newest one and down to the oldest ones

My Grandmother loves this frame but she asked me if it can have Newest First on the slide show.
        I live in California and she is in Massachusetts. I wish I could change the setting to newest first. The drop down menu displays Newest First but only defaults to Random slide show. Will there be a upgrade in the firmware soon so we can change this remotely?

It would be nice to put photos in separate files and be able to pick whatever file you want to view. That way you could chose your own categories for each file, whether it is by date, by favorites , location, etc.

• bobgski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just sent a request to support to ask about sorting. I regularly put a sequence number at the front end of the photo filename and in this way, my photos display the way I want them to, regardless of creation date, etc. I just uploaded 75 photos with a sequence number and believe it or not, the photos uploaded in exact reverse sequence order. And now they are in the album with no apparent ability to sort them back into name ascending order. For the most part, the sequence number in this group of photos is also the photo date, with perhaps a few exceptions. I don't get it.

• John V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For grandparents (the majority of actual end users) it would be nice to show the latest pictures first; working in reverse chronological order. While it may do this already, there is no way to reset it to the beginning (or latest) photo. Having an option to reset the display order upon power-up would be nice, so that if the frame is already at some point in its sequence, a quick power cycle using the remote would then restart the sequence at the latest photo. Right now, it seems to continue where it left off.

• AdminPix-Star Support (Admin, Pix-Star) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pictures you upload to a Pix-Star web album are uploaded with the same file name they have no change, so they will appear in the slide show as per the alphabetical order. For pictures that arrive by email it is different. These ones we show them in the reverse order of the date and time they arrived, anti-chronological, so the latest one is first then the oldest one is at the end. I suggest you contact us by email at info@pix-star.com so that we can discuss this further in details with you and, if necessary, have this sorted out. Thank you. The Pix-Star Customer Support Team.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base