Any suggestion to improve your Pix-Star?

Play video from Web Albums

Would be really nice if the frame could play videos from Web Albums (Google Photos, etc.)...is it possible to add that functionality, or is it out of the question?

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Malcolm Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would enjoy videos from web albums, would enhance viewing and would like to see this feature.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature..i was very disappointed when the box says it plays videos and supports web albums..i thought certainly it will play all videos

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried with Android. Total failure.
    I tried with USB. Quality is reasonable with 5000 kb/s video.
    Only remote option that worked - e-mail - lowered bitrate, as everything was pixilated.

Read in description that it would play video via Google Photos - reason I bought the frame. Please add this feature. Thank you!

• Tammy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - just got this frame - I definitely thought it would play video from web albums and very disappointed that it doesn't. Also I cannot scroll down on the frame in my web albums which is extremely frustrating. Can't get the remote to access the slide bar at the right of the screen to scroll.

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very disappointing. Most videos are too large to send through email. There needs to be a fix for this.

• Sammy C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed, i really want this feature. so many great videos that i can't get onto my Frame.
    The android app is TERRIBLE, so really no way to send videos to the frame.

• Blake H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is literally the main reason i bought pix-star - i thought when i read in the literature before buying that i could email video, I certainly didn't think that it wouldn't also be able to play from the web album. this is very frustrating - what can be done to fix this?

• Sammy Chalme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree, i really would like this feature added. the only way i can do it currently is to send via email to the frame, which is really annoying as the video is usually too large to send via email

• Slop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BUMP!
    Please allow video play from Web Albums as well as from Internal Memory of frame

again I agree. Pixstar, lets get that fixed. When I transfer a video to a web album, it won't let me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base